Early Intervention - Career Planning for Postgraduate Researchers Online
This webinar will enable post-doctoral students to consider their individual career journey and set career goals from the beginning of their doctorate. Whether you are just starting out or about to complete your PhD studies it is important to understand how you will use the skills and experience gained so far.
We will explore ways to determine personal skills and goals, explore the additional skills and experience you gain through postdoctoral study, and learn how to bridge any gaps, so you can develop an exciting career plan.
Aims and Objectives:
- Explore how to use the Researcher Development Framework to understand and plan your transferable skills
- Consider how your PhD can support future career goals – both within an academic setting and in a commercial environment
- Complete practical exercises to explore different career options - and go away with a resource bank for future use
- Set SMART goals to be achieved throughout your research period
- Understand where to gain support whilst at NU
- Tuesday 15 February 2022
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- Off Campus
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.