Introduction to Open Research at Northumbria In-Person
This session will introduce you to some key principles and practices of Open Research, which aims to increase transparency in the research process, and make the outputs of research free to access and use.
We’ll look at support for Open Research at Northumbria, including what is required of researchers, and what you can choose to do to make your research more open.
Aims and Objectives
- Introduce key principles of Open Research
- Develop knowledge of support for open access publishing, including the repository, OA funds and publisher agreements
- Develop knowledge of support for open data, including the Figshare platform and research data management
- Develop knowledge of responsible use of metrics and transparency in how research is assessed
- Provide information on how to register for, and use, ORCID
- Tuesday 21 November 2023
- 2:00pm - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- ELA 001
- City Campus